Deadline: December 31, 2021
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) 2022 Internship Program
Applications are invited for the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) 2022 Internship Program. The inclusive UNFPA Internship Program offers outstanding students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to UNFPA operations. It is designed to complement development-oriented studies with practical experience in various aspects of UNFPA work.
Applicants should have expressed interest in the field of development; ability to adapt to new environments and work with individuals from different cultural backgrounds. Interns work as part of agile teams that support and hold each other accountable. In addition, they will have supervisory support from an assigned UNFPA staff member. The background of the interns is matched with the needs of the organization.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Internship Costs
Interns do not receive a salary or any other form of remuneration from UNFPA. The costs associated with an intern’s participation in the program must be assumed either by the nominating institution, which may provide the required financial assistance to its students, or by the students themselves, who will have to meet living expenses as well as make their own arrangements for accommodation, travel and other requirements.
However, they receive a stipend to help cover basic daily expenses related to the internship, if not financially supported by any institution or program, such as a university, government, foundation, or scholarship program.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Internship Eligibility
- Applicant should be enrolled in a postgraduate degree program (such as a master’s program, or higher) OR
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (such as bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- Have recently graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation;
- Be enrolled in a postgraduate professional traineeship program and undertake the internship as part of this program.
- Students must have written and spoken proficiency in English; fluency in another UN language is an asset.
United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) Internship Application
The intern will be stationed at the UNFPA Headquarters in New York USA. The deadline for application is December 31, 2021 by 05:00 PM (New York Time.