Deadline: 24 October, 2021
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2021 for Nigerian Youths (N40 Million Scholarship Fund)
A scholarship fund worth N40M to initiative to support the dreams and aspirations of 100 Nigerian youths over a duration of four academic years.
The scholarship initiative is in continuance of our goal to support dreams and aspirations of Nigerian youths as we have been doing over the years through various activities such as Youth Leadership Series (YLS), Higher Institution Football League (HIFL) and so on. The scholarship programme is aimed at encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates and it is open to students who participated in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have gained admission into any Nigerian state or federal university.
In the words of Dr Demola Sogunle, Chief Executive, Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC, the organisation recognises the importance and impact of education in the life of every Nigerian youth. According to him: “Education empowers and encourages the youth to prepare for the future while also confronting challenges. Education is a panacea for growth and enduring development of any nation or organisation.”
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2021 Eligibility
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship (The “Scholarship”) by Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC (“Stanbic IBTC”, “we” or “us”) is only available to Applicants (“Applicants”, “They” or “You”) who:
- reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2021 University Tertiary Matriculation
Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB)
- have a score of 250 and above in University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME)
- have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University (“University”) with relevant evidence
The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme
The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
Stanbic IBTC reserves the right to decline participation in the Scholarship for any applicant at their discretion.
The following documents are required for upload to apply for the scholarship.
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Valid ID Card
- UTME Result
- O’Level Statement of Result or Certificate
- Admission Letter
How to Enter for Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 2021
Applicants may submit their applications by following these simple steps:
- Go online to apply via the Application Form
- Click on the link, fill the required details, attach requested documents and submit
Successful Applicants will be notified only via an email. Where an applicant applies on more than one platform or submits multiple entries/applications, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship 202 Selection Process
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to Applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
- All documents submitted by applicants will go through Stanbic IBTC verification process.
Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on). Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot. The decisions of Stanbic IBTC are final in all matters relating to the Scholarship.