Deadline: October 20, 2020
Applications are invited for the Solidarity Fund for African Artists & Cultural Organizations (SOFACO) Grant 2020– Batch 2. The African Culture Fund (ACF) launched the first batch of the Solidarity Fund for African Artists and Cultural Organizations (SOFACO) in order to support the resilience of African artists and cultural actors whose activities have been negatively affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
After a first batch, intended only for individual artists, the ACF has launched the second batch of SOFACO, this time dedicated to cultural organizations in Africa. For this call, the ACF supports the activities and projects of creation, production and dissemination of works, and capacity building in the fields of performing arts (music, dance and theater) and visual arts (arts traditional plastics, photography, digital art, design, fashion, decorative arts as well as all pre-production, production, post-production, broadcast and distribution activities in the cinematographic and audiovisual disciplines).
ACF grant under this Call will not exceed an amount of $5,000 per cultural organization. The funding covers a period between a minimum of 4 months and a maximum of 6 months.
To be eligible, cultural organizations applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Be an artistic cultural organization operating in Africa, with at least five years of experience (proof of legal existence to provide)
- Submit a document showing the artistic career, process and an overview of the artistic works of your organization (maximum 3 pages).
- Submit a résumé (biography) of the head of the organization.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from at least one recognized reference person in the field of competency of your organization (pointing out the need and urgency to provide financial support to your organization).
The evaluation of applications by the selection committee will be based on four criteria.
- Originality/innovation/creativity of the project or concept;
- Technical quality of the application;
- Financial quality of the project;
- The relevance to the current African or regional context and to the Covid-19 context (situation of vulnerability of the cultural organization in relation to the health crisis).
Applications can be submitted in English or French. The deadline for submitting of applications is October 20, 2020 at midnight GMT.