Deadline: September 14, 2021
Margaret McNamara Education Grants 2021/2022 for South Africans
MMEG awards grants on a competitive basis to exceptional women studying at least part-time or full-time for the following academic term, at the universities below. Applicants are screened by an all-volunteer, independent selection committee, and grants are awarded by the Board of Directors by December every year.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a self-identifying woman, and at least 25 years old at time of application deadline;
- Be a national of a country listed on the MMEG Country Eligibility List (except for the Trinity Washington University program);
- Be enrolled (not just accepted) at an accredited academic institution when submitting application; and plan to be enrolled for a full academic term after award of the grant by the Board;
- Not be related to a World Bank Group, International Monetary Fund or Inter-American Development Bank staff member or spouse;
Applications for Africa program are from May 15 to September 14 each year. Queries may be addressed to email@example.com . Results are announced in mid December.
In addition to the above criteria, an applicant must:
already be enrolled part time (minimum of 2 courses per semester or term) or full time at one of the universities listed below:
- be enrolled for at least one more academic term (the term between January to July 2022)
- Applicants applying from eligible countries other than South Africa must hold a study permit for South Africa.
- Applicants should be born before September 15, 1996 to be eligible to apply.
Estimated expenses should be calculated and expressed in Rand.
Remember to read the Application Checklist & FAQs before applying and select the “South Africa” in the first question of the application. If the program name does not appear, the program may be closed to new applications.