INEC Introduces E-Registration Portal Now Open For Voters in Nigeria
Online CVR Exercise begins today; Monday 28th June 2021.
INEC: The Independent National Electoral Commission has introduced an online portal for voters E-Registration. The voters registration is slated to commence on the 28th of June 2021.
The INEC online voters E-Registration will help in reducing queues during CVR.
The portal will enable eligible Nigerians to register as voters online before completing the exercise physically at designated centres nationwide.
This is the first time INEC voters registration is being done online partially, consistent with the Commission’s commitment to continue to deepen the use of technology in the electoral process in Nigeria.
Click link to register: https://cvr.inecnigeria.org
The registration exercise will be for the following categories of Nigerians:
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.
The voters registration will last for almost one year.
The success of the exercise depends, to a considerable extent, on citizens’ awareness through voter education. There will be new registrants, requests for intra-state and inter-state transfers as well as the replacement of voters’ cards as provided by law.