Deadline: 30th Oct, 2021
Call for Application: AO ALLIANCE-COSECSA ORTHOPAEDIC SURGERY SCHOLARSHIP 2021 PROGRAMME
Advancing Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Capacity in sub-Saharan Africa
Scholarship 2021 – Caring for the injured is essential. It must be a priority in the development of strategies to curb the devastating effects of orthopaedic injuries.
To help address this problem, the AO Alliance and the College of Surgeons of East, Central and Southern Africa (COSECSA) have developed a scholarship programme to support orthopaedic surgeons in Training, help them complete the Programme by Examination, and advance Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery Capacity in sub-Saharan Africa in COSECSA member countries.
About this scholarship
- The program is open to final-year COSECSA FCS orthopaedic trainees; Non-COSECSA Orthopaedic surgeons working in a COSECSA accredited hospital who wish to advance their knowledge and Final year (Fifth year) MMed trainees intending to take the Fellowship (FCS Ortho) examination in 2022.
- The award should be used for Programme Entry (enrollment) and Fellowship (FCS) examination expenses.
- The scholarship will be administered by the COSECSA Secretariat.
Each scholarship is worth USD1,400. The number of awards is fifteen (15).
- Applicants should include a personal statement indicating expected results or outcomes, a current CV, and a letter of support from the surgical training Programme Director of the COSECSA accredited hospital in which the trainee is training.
- Please use COSECSA/AO ALLIANCE/2021/1 as the Scholarship Reference Number.
- All applications must be submitted online through the scholarship application form addressed to the COSECSA Registrar using the following Link: Scholarship Application Form