Application now Open for NITDA Digital Skills And Entrepreneurship Program 2022 | plwd.nitda.gov.ng/
Qualified applicants are invited to apply for the NITDA Digital Skills And Entrepreneurship Program 2022. One of the set mandates of NITDA is to create IT awareness and ensure universal access in order to promote IT diffusion in all sectors of our national life. In line with this, NITDA is extending capacity development programme to Persons b Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) to promote the Digital Inclusion Policy of NITDA’s amongst this sector.
The vision of the Honorable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Prof. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), FNCS, FBCS, FIIM ensures that the entire citizenry is empowered through Information Technologies with the development of a critical mass of IT proficient and globally competitive manpower.
Empowering persons living with disabilities is important for inclusive, equitable and sustainable skills as envisaged in the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, which pledges to “leave no one behind”.
This capacity development programme is an annual program for Persons Living with Disabilities (PLWDs) with this edition scheduled for South-South, Nigeria; taking place in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Objectives NITDA Digital Skills And Entrepreneurship Program
The objectives of the training and empowerment are:
- to facilitate and enhance Digital Inclusion among the participants;
- to enable participants become competent in innovatively employing the tools of technology to enhance living and in discharge of their job requirements;
- to give effect to he implementation of Strategic Roadmap and action plan (SRAP) initiatives focusing on Digital literacy, Digital innovation and entrepreneurship;
- give an insight on a series of IT tools that implicitly support creative and innovative learning;
- to enhance participants’ Digital literacy, internet research skills and presentation skills.
NITDA Digital Skills And Entrepreneurship Program Benefit
At the end of the training, participants will be provided with working tools and should be able to:
- use IT in creating sustainable employment;
- empower 30 people living with disability with digital tools.
- enable persons living with disability become self reliant after the digital empowerment.
- be self-reliant.
- The program is open to all Nigerians that are living with any form of disability residing within the South South.
- It would focus on the clusters of Persons Living with Hearing and/or Speech Impairment, Persons Living with Visual Impairment, and the Physically Challenged Persons.
Please note that: All applications received would be screened and only successful candidates will be contacted
How to apply for the NITDA Digital Skills And Entrepreneurship Program
Applicants who are Interested and qualified should visit https://plwd.nitda.gov.ng to apply.
For more information, visit NITDA