Deadline: January 8, 2022
Building Block For Peace (BBFORPEACE) – Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022
Applications are invited for the Building Blocks for Peace Foundation (BBFORPEACE)-Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022. In December 2015, the UN Security Council adopted the groundbreaking Resolution 2250, on Youth, Peace and Security. For the first time, the UN Security Council recognized the positive role young people can play in conflict prevention and peacebuilding. On 1 November 2021, Nigeria became the first country in Africa to adopt a National Action Plan on UNSCR 2250.
The overarching goal of the Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship is to support activities and interventions around the implementation of the Youth, Peace and Security agenda in Nigeria. The ideal candidate will coordinate programs and projects related to the advocacy and effective implementation of United Nations Security Council Resolution 2250, 2419, 2535 in Nigeria.
Specific Roles include:
- Initiate and support the coordination of existing youth, peace and security initiatives.
- Act as a focal point for the youth, peace and security program (both for external and internal stakeholders).
- Map and foster effective collaboration and partnership with peace and security stakeholders in Nigeria and abroad.
- Support the development and implementation of an advocacy strategy that reflects members concerns and interests.
- Support fundraising and research related activities.
The internship is unpaid and only stipends to cover transportation costs within Abuja is provided. It is advised that prospective interns be able to reside within Abuja or bear the cost of residing in Abuja throughout the duration of the internship.
BBFORPEACE – Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022 Eligibility
- Applicant must be between 18-35 years;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any social science related course. Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Willingness to learn and show interest in the peace and security related fields;
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted documents;
- Knowledge of existing frameworks on youth, peace and security, (UNSCR2250, UNSCR2419, UNSCR2535, UNSCR1325, AU Continental Framework on Youth, Peace and Security) is important but not mandatory;
- Good computer skills Microsoft office packages (Google doc, powerpoint and Excel).
How to Apply for Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022
Interested applicants should send their CV and Cover Letter as one document (PDF) and not more than four (4) pages, addressing the position requirements to the firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must include the position title ‘Nigeria Youth 4 Peace Internship 2022’ as the email subject line. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.