Google Conference Scholarships 2021/2022 For African Students
At Google, we believe a diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. We also believe that everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology. To help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, we’re excited to offer Google Conference Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
Scholarship eligibility varies by region, so please review the information on the region-specific tabs on the top. Scholarships will be awarded to the most qualified persons based on application review. Every applicant will be notified of their status according to the time frames specified for the region.
Google Africa Travel and Conference Grant Application
To encourage attendance at top international research conference:
- Google will provide selected recipients up to 3000 USD towards travel and lodging cost.
- Grant amount depends on the cost of the international conference.
- During COVID-19, we also consider paying online registration fees for virtual conferences.
Google Conference Scholarships 2021/2022 For African Students Eligibility
To be eligible for a scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a full-time student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Have a paper accepted at a top-tier computer science conference. We prefer to support conferences in research areas where Google has a strong interest. Please visit research.google.com for a list of areas.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
To apply for Google Conference Scholarships 2021/2022 For African Students
Please submit this form by the deadline for the conference that you wish to attend. **Given the shift to virtual mode for conferences, we are currently accepting applications to cover conference fees.
We review applications on a rolling basis, all year round, therefore eligible applicants will get our reply around four weeks of applying. Once approved for a travel grant, the funds will be paid to the applicant’s university and the student may claim expenses using regular university procedures.