Deadline: January 14th, 2020
Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) 2020 for students of accredited Nigerian Tertiary Institutions |stic.org.ng
The Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) is a novel entrepreneurship development program by the Nigerian Content and Development Management Board (NDCMB) and implemented by Enactus Nigeria, intended to challenge all students of accredited Nigerian tertiary institutions, to apply science, technology and innovation to finding home-grown solutions to everyday problems across all sectors of the economy.
We are in the fourth industrial revolution where technology is positively disrupting EVERY sector-including, but not limited to finance, education, health, transportation, entertainment, communication, and retail. The STIC will challenge the next generation of Nigerians to think of innovative ways to apply science and technology to solving the deep problems experienced in every sector of the Nigerian economy.
Winners of the 2020 STIC will not only get prizes, but will gain exposure to industry experts who will mentor them to scale their innovation into business ideas that will remain profitable, while providing more jobs and creating wealth.
STIC 2020 Champions ₦10,000,000 (Ten Million Naira) + Business incubation
- First runner-up
₦4,000,000 (Four Million Naira) + Business incubation
- Second runner-up
₦1,500,000 (One Million, Five Hundred Thousand Naira)
Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge (STIC) 2020 for students of accredited Nigerian Tertiary Institutions Eligibility
- Teams of two students from any of the accredited tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- A team can only consist of students who are not graduating before December 2021
- Students can be from any department in any of the tertiary institutions
Program Aims |stic.org.ng
- Encourage research and development (R&D) as well as local content development in Nigerian tertiary institutions.
- Facilitate the development of research-based, technologically-driven, innovative and profitable entrepreneurial ventures.
- Foster collaboration among tertiary institutions and the private sector for the development of local content.
- Inspire Nigerian students to embrace and imbibe the culture of critical thinking and R&D.
- Challenge Nigerian students to develop home-grown innovations that support the Nigerian development drive
- Position the Nigerian Content and Development Management Board (NCDMB) as a front-runner in encouraging R & D among Nigerian students while also stimulating ideas that can open up development in science, engineering and technology.
- Apply online through the Application form.
- First Screening stage
- 15 Entries emerge from 3 Regions Nationwide
- Regional Competition
- Business Incubation
- Grand Finale 3 winners emerge
- Grand Finale
- 6 Regional winners and enter Bootcamp
For more information, visit Nigerian Content Science and Technology Innovation Challenge.